Setting your rental payments up may be a multi-step process if you're new to LandlordStation. There are three things you'll need from the beginning:
Once you make sure you have all of that taken care of you can start setting up your Dwolla account!
If you don't have a Dwolla account, it's easy to set that up. When you first go into RENT PAYMENTS it will give you the option to create an account or link an account (I have a Dwolla account). If you don't have a Dwolla account and need to set one up, please take a look at this video for the easy steps to do so:
If you already have a Dwolla account that you had set up previously you don't need to create a new account, you may simply link that account. There are just a few steps to this, and after those steps, you're welcome to view the video below to see them there as well:
- Choose the I Have a Dwolla Account option
- Input your Dwolla ID
- Choose the Authorize button
- You will be taken to a page to input the email address and password linked to your Dwolla ID
- Choose the Allow option
- You will receive an alert that you have successfully authorized.
Now that you have set up your Dwolla account you may set up Rent Payments within your LandlordStation account. Please see the steps below and the video that follows:
- Please go to the Property tab and choose the property you wish to add rent payments to
- Go to the Rental Information section
- Scroll down and check the Schedule Payment Requests option
- You'll want to verify you have the rental information set up correctly
- The Days in Advance option will be how many days in advance that you would like your tenant to receive a reminder that their rent is due.
Once you have set up the rental information itself, you'll want to make sure you have assigned a tenant to the property. To do that, please follow these instructions:
- Choose the Update option under Tenants on the page you are immediately taken to after you finish Step 5 above.
- Check the box next to the name of the tenant(s) that you are assigning to the property.
- If they have not been set to approved yet, you may do that here.
- We recommend that you send them an email requesting them to set up and confirm their tenant portal. If they do not do this, they will not be able to pay rent from it. The will receive an email that looks like this:
- You may add a custom message if you choose.
- If you have not chosen a primary tenant yet, a reminder will pop up. This will the person responsible for rent.
- Choose the Update option.
Once you have finished the above steps you may go to the Rent Payments tab to review.