When you place an order for a tenant screening with LandlordStation you'll have two options for payment:
- The landlord may pay by credit card or pre-purchased screening credits
- The potential tenant may pay when they authorize the report.
If you would prefer to ask your potential tenant to pay for the screening you may follow these steps:
1. Choose the "Order a Tenant Screening" option from your Landlord Dashboard.
2. Fill out the "Select Report", "Tenant Information", and "Select Property" portions of the form as you normally would.
3. Under the "Payment" option you will see two tabs:
- Landlord Pays
- Tenant Pays
Once you click on the "Tenant Pays" tab you will see it switch to:
4. You'll then click "Save and Review". The Review Page will show the details, ask you to agree to the Terms and Conditions, and allow you to submit the report.
As with any screening order the email will be sent out to the applicant's email address immediately and they will need to follow the secured link provided to them. The first page of the authorization process will provide a brief description of how it works and they will input their credit card information to pay for the screening.
The charge will be authorized on your applicant's card and then captured when the process has been completed and the report is delivered.
The tenant screening will be delivered into your Landlord account.
As always, if you have any questions at all, please reach out to our team at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'd be happy to help!