What it is:
As a Landlord, you may choose a last day that your Tenant may submit a rent payment that was automatically requested. For example, if rent is due on the 1st of each month and you choose 3 days after the due date, the request will expire at 11:59PM EST on the 4th of the month and your Tenant will no longer be able to submit payment on that request.
How it works:
1. Log into your Landlord Dashboard, go to the Property tab, and choose the Manage Property dropdown in the right-hand corner. Choose the 'Update Property' option.
2. On that page you will see a checkbox that allows you to enforce a rent payment deadline. Once checked, you'll be able to choose the number of days past the due date that the Tenant has available to them to pay the requested rent.
3. Once you choose update, that new deadline will be added to that property and will be enforced the next time rent is requested (through automated rent requests).
Things to be aware of:
- Your Tenant will receive emailed reminders both for the rent and, if not paid, one day before that deadline is enforced.
- If no payment is made by the deadline then the rent payment request will be marked as expired and a new request will need to be made.
- This does not cover individual rent requests (ie. non-automated requests)
- Each property must be set up individually. We do not have an option to update all properties with the same information.
As always, if you have any questions, please reach out to our team at email@example.com
Article is closed for comments.