Requirements to Access Split Rent Payments
- There must be two (2) or more Tenants assigned to the Property
- The Landlord must have Recurring Rent Payment Reminders set up on the Property
If you don't see the option to Split Rent, you may reach out to your Landlord to verify that they have everything set up on their end or you may contact our customer service team at firstname.lastname@example.org and they can take a look to confirm the issue before you contact your Landlord.
How to set up Split Rent Payments
Note: Tenant One and Tenant Two are named that only to tell them apart for the walkthrough. Either Tenant assigned to the Property may begin the process.
- Tenant One will log into their Tenant Portal and go to the Payments section of their account. From there, choose the 'Opt-In to Recurring Rent Payments' option in the top, right-hand corner of the page:
- That will lead to the next page, which will let Tenant One know how many other renters that they have the option of splitting rent with. Opt in by clicking 'Yes' if you want to continue, or decline by clicking 'No'.
- NOTE: If the number of renters noted does not coincide with the number of Tenants currently living in the unit, please contact your Landlord. They may need to update the Property in their account.
- Clicking 'Yes' will take Tenant One to the next page where you will be provided with instructions:
- The co-tenant(s) will be emailed
- All co-tenants must respond
- If at last one (1) other co-tenant wishes to split rent, the process will begin
- Tenant One will click the 'I understand - Let's Get Started!' button
- Tenant One will be taken to a page that shows the progress: you have initiated the split rent, you are still waiting on the other Tenant to respond.
- NOTE: there is an option to remind the co-tenant to respond here
- An email is sent to Tenant Two with a link so that they may opt in or out of Split rent:
- If Tenant Two accepts, both Tenant One and Tenant Two will be able to move forward in the process. Both Tenants will be provided with a prompt to Set Up Recurring Rent Payments:
- That will take you to the Enable Recurring Rent Payments page where you will review the details, including the Charge Day, the Payment Method, the Monthly Rent (split), and any Technology Fee associated with the Payment Method that you choose
- NOTE: if you do not have a Payment Method input into your account, you may do that at this time
- Once that information has been submitted, an e-signature page is sent via email to confirm and agree
- Once signed, the Set Up Recurring Rent Payments page will look like this:
- Once both/all Tenants have completed the process, Recurring and Split Rent Payments will be set up and the details may be viewed here at any time:
If you have any trouble to any questions, please reach out to us at email@example.com and we'd be happy to answer those!